When you enable the Collaboration power-up, you can setup your team with different roles to enable or disable access to data and features of Jibble
There are 4 different roles available when the Collaboration Power-Up is enabled:
“Normal” Team Members are your staff members that need to Jibble In/Out in the way that you want them to. Rules and restrictions setup in Policies apply to these team members.
Team members can be "Managed By" Team Managers. By default, managers are able to:
- Make changes to their team members by editing their information details only.
- Make changes to their team members’ time entries by adding, editing and deleting their timesheets
Alternatively, those two settings are configurable under the team profile settings.
If you have staff members that need to administer and access mostly everything then make them Team Admins. By default, an admin can:
- Make changes to other team members by adding, editing and deleting team members
- Make changes to other team members' time entries by adding, editing and deleting other team members’ time entries
- Make changes to subscription plans & billing
Alternatively, those three settings are configurable under the team profile settings. Typically only a few users will be assigned this role.
Every team has only one Team Owner, the creator of the team, and they have all the same rights as Team Admins but in addition they can never be removed. They can be changed though. Just shoot us a message if you need to do this.
Changing User Roles
When the Collaboration Power-Up is enabled, follow the steps below to adjust the team member roles:
- Go to the Team Page
- Select the team member that you want to adjust
- Go to the “Profile” tab
- Click on “Change Role” and select “Manager” or “Admin”.
In the example above, this user would now be a Team Admin. You can learn more about the different roles in the articles below: