With the Timesheet Approvals feature, team members can submit timesheets for managers to review and approve or reject for payroll.
How it works:
- When approvals are setup, your team members will need to submit their timesheets when a weekly, bi weekly or monthly period ends.
- Managers will receive a notification to review, approve or reject these timesheets. Once timesheets are approved, they can't be adjusted anymore.
Read more about it in this help article.
Setting up the approval rules:
Navigate to Settings > Approvals, and adjust the following:
- Pay Period start date: The first day of your pay period (can be in the past). If you have existing time entries, the timesheets for approval will be generated immediately.
Tip: make sure to set your pay period to some time in the past so you can already approve some timesheets (if you have time tracked)
- Pay Period: These are the periods that you'd like to approve or reject. You can review weekly (7 days), bi-weekly (14 days) or monthly time sheets.
- Automatically submit timesheets: If team members forget to submit their timesheets, you set up an auto-submission for them.
- Remind approvers to review submitted timesheets: Send an email reminder to managers and admins when timesheets have been submitted.
- Remind team members to submit timesheets: Send an email reminder to team members to submit their timesheets after a pay period has ended.
- Hit ‘Save’. If you have time tracked, you'll be able to view those timesheets from the Approvals Page once the pay period has ended.
In the example above, we've set a pay period at 1 January 2020 and set it to a bi-weekly period. If today is 15 January 2020, we would generate approval timesheets for every member from 1 January 2020 until 14 January 2020