The Jibble bot in Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) is a very efficient way to track your time without leaving your MS Teams channel. To set this up you will need:
- An existing MS Teams account
- Team Owner permissions in MS Teams of your channel.
Method 1 - Click the Add to Microsoft Teams button from www.jibble.io
This is the easiest way to get everyone using Jibble. You can also click on this link, then follow instructions from 2 b. below.
Method 2 - Add the Microsoft Teams Integration from within the Jibble app
- Go to Settings > Integrations > Enable Microsoft Teams > Microsoft Teams Icon
2. You will be guided to the Microsoft Teams website and asked to launch Microsoft Teams. From that page click "Open Microsoft Teams" to get started.
3. If you have multiple teams, select the team where you want to use Jibble:
4. Select a channel where all your Jibble notifications will be posted to, i.e. when a team member jibbles in or out.
In the example below we post to the General channel. But you could create a specific channel for these notifications. You could also change the channel later by just running through the Microsoft Teams setup process again which as you'll see doesn't take long.
Your Microsft Teams Integration is now complete!
- A Microsoft Teams user can only use Jibble if they have been added to the Jibble web app. You can add users through the web app: How do I add users to my team?, or from Microsoft Teams through the invite command.
- Users can also add themselves from Microsoft Teams. A person who simply tries to use one of the Jibble commands will be prompted to join Jibble and will get directed to the web app.
Once ready, your team can use the Jibble bot (in Chats)