Client billing allows you to bill time against individual activities and it associates those activities with your clients.
You can associate a client with any activity or you can constrain an activity to 1 client. It all depends how you want it setup. After you enable Client Billing from the Power-ups menu you will first need to add clients.
You can either create clients from the web app or import them from a CSV file. To create them in the web app:
- Go to Settings > Clients > Add Client
- Type the Client name and/or description and save
If you prefer to import clients make sure that you download this template file first.
- Open the file in any spreadsheet program
- As you can see there is only 1 column that you need to update
- Save the file as CSV
- Go to Settings > Clients > Import Client and upload the file
Assigning Clients To Activities
Once you've added a client you can associate activities with them. You can do this by going to Settings > Activities and edit the existing activities. By default they are assigned to all clients.
- If the activity is billable, select the client from the drop down menu.
- If the activity is not billable you can leave the field blank
- You can also choose to make an activity billable to any client like in the screenshot below. This will ensure the whole list of clients is available for selection when tracking time against activities
Select Billable Rate Currency
The app supports all currencies; select your desired currency under company settings.
Settings > Team Details > Client Billing Currency
Adding Billable Rate for Individuals
You add the billable rate on each individual's profile page
Team > Click Person > Billable Rate (under "Team Info")
Essential at the end of the month when you need to generate invoices for Clients
Reports > Group By: Client > Filter Box “Client Name”