All time entries can be exported to an (.XLS or CSV) format to use with your spreadsheet program. You can decide to export your timesheets (for example for payroll), or your reports (for client billing/project costing/productivity/etc)
Exporting Timesheets For Payroll
You can export your timesheets by clicking the export button at the bottom of the Timesheets page. Note that you'll have a few options available:
- Select the file type that you'd like to export. This can be Excel, a CSV Summary or CSV All Data (all INS/OUTs)
- Select the team members that you would like to include, and if you’d like individual time entries in separate tabs (Excel only)
- Select your date range
- Include removed team members (if applicable)
The file link will be sent to your e-mail address or you can refresh the page and download it from the timesheets page after 1 minute.
Different views and file types
By default, the Excel file will provide you with two different tabs. A summary (overview) of all your employees and a tab with All IN/OUT entries for all team members. If you'd like them in a CSV format, you'll have to export that separately.
Tab 1 example: Summary List Of Employees
Tab 2 example: All Time Entries
The detailed logs per individual (Excel only)
If you checked "Show Individual time entries in separate tabs", when exporting, you will get an additional worksheet for each member that will look something like this:
These logs will list out time entries for the week/month you selected. From left to right:
- In/Out (note that an "In" is counted as an "Out" if the preceding entry was also an "In"). So In, In, Out is the same as In, Out, In Out. This short-hand is used to save the user from jibbling Out before In for a new activity. See Activity Tracking for more details
- The exact time when someone jibbled In/Out
- The duration of their In entry or the activity duration they jibbled In for
- Client (if applicable)
- Activity (if applicable)
- Any notes added whilst making the In/Out entry
In some cases, you might see the text PREV IN (short for "Previous In")
It will be present if an In entry was recorded prior to midnight without an Out
Example: I jibble in at 07:48 AM on 8 August, but I never jibbled out. On the 9th of August, I jibble in again at 08:49 AM. In this case, the report will show the following:
- On 8 August, I have an IN entry at 07:48 AM, the total activity time duration for this IN is registered as 16 hours and 11 minutes (from 07:48 AM until 12.00 AM-midnight).
- On 9 August, the unfinished IN is registered as PREV IN with the same registration time as the original (07:48 AM). The total activity time duration for this action is 8 hours and 49 minutes as I clocked in again at 8:49 AM (from 12 AM-midnight, until 08:49 AM).
Download an example timesheet Excel file.
When you run reports, you'll have the option to export to an Excel or CSV file at the bottom.
If you generate a report first, all the filters will be passed on but if you don't, you have to select the following options:
This export modal gives you some options:
- Filters - You can filter out any member name, activities or clients (if applicable).
- Group By - You can group your time entries by user name, activities, or clients (if you have them)
- Subgroup - Same as the above, this gives you a separate column next to the first group.
Example Export - Group By: Activities, Subgroup: Clients
As you can see, the sheet is sorted a bit differently:
- Column A shows the list of Activities (grouped by activities)
- Column B gives you the list of clients that your team has worked on for those activities (subgroup).
You can always decide to remove the subgroup by leaving it blank when downloading the file.
Download an example report Excel file.
Note: you can change the time format from decimal to HH:MM by changing your user settings. You can learn more about that in this help article.